Start a new topic

Really slow order placement

My client asked me to find the cause of a slow order placement at his store. It appears that during it cs-cart sends a post-request with an order data to twigmo. It takes nearly 25 seconds not only at his store, but also at the twigmo's demo version.

Could you please answer few questions?

1. Is it considered a problem at twigmo-side and will you try to fix it?

2. Why order info should be sent to Twigmo? Which features will be disabled if I turn the sending off at a twigmo code?

Thanks in advance.

Dear Ruslan,

Thank you for the questions.

Actually, order placing takes the same time in the mobile storefront as in the desktop version of the store. I recommend you to check how long it takes to place an order on your desktop site and compare the results.

As regards order info, it is sent to Twigmo in order to allow the Twigmo mobile admin to display push-notifications about orders. It means that if you disable sending this information, you will not receive the orders push-notification in the Twigmo mobile admin if you use it.

In case you would like us to examine any issue with your site, please create a new ticket in our support portal:

https://support.twigmo.com/support/home

Thank you.

Thank you for a fast response.

Yes, you are right. Placing order takes same time on both desktop and mobile storefronts. It takes about 25 seconds to send a request to a Twigmo server. What I am trying to say is that it is certainly Twigmo which makes customers to wait half a minute for the request to be sent, because there is exactly same situation at your demo store (take a look at the screenshot above).

If Twigmo team can not decrease delay, I suggest to make this request asynchronous, because customers do not really need to receive a response for this request and it will be great if they do not need to wait half a minute for it to perform.

Thank you for your time.

Dear Ruslan,

Thank you for the reply.

I am afraid, I was not quite clear in my response. Actually, placing an order on the demo Twigmo storefront takes so much time, because currently it takes as much time in the demo.cs-cart.com store that is used for Twigmo demo. Please have a look at the screen shot in the attachment. Our demo store does not work really well now because of maintenance works on our server.

So I suggest that you should check if there is no problem with order placing on the desktop version of your store, because we can see no way how Twigmo can affect the order placing time.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this issue may cause you.

Thank you.

Dear Mariya,

Thank you for your response.

My client is using CS-Cart 2.2.4 with Twigmo 3.5. As far as I can judge, the version does not matter, because newest 4.1.x versions have exactly same Twigmo logic at this part of communication.

Order placement takes same 15-30 seconds for both desktop and mobile versions. And Twigmo really causes both delays.

Take a look at the stack trace:

You were exactly right when told:

"As regards order info, it is sent to Twigmo in order to allow the Twigmo mobile admin to display push-notifications about orders. It means that if you disable sending this information, you will not receive the orders push-notification in the Twigmo mobile admin if you use it".

And what I'm trying to say is that the request, which calls Twigmo server to notificate push-servers about new order, makes order placement really slow.

Let's make a pure request.

(Also I've noticed two different URLs to call in different versions, but replacing them does not change anything: http://twigmo.com/svc/index.php & http://cp.twigmo.com/svc/index.php)

Request:

Response:

It takes 17 seconds for this request to perform. I think it may be Twigmo, or Android/iOS servers' fault. But anyway if there's no way to decrease such a big delay, it would be really great to make this request asynchronous either at CS-Cart (via background AJAX-request) or at your server. That is what I'm trying to suggest.

I really appreciate your help. Thank you again.

Dear Ruslan,

Thank you for the detailed explanation.

Our developers are checking this issue more carefully. We will let you know as soon as we have any updates regarding the issue.

Thank again.

Dear Ruslan,

Please try to place a test order and check how much time it takes now. We would also appreciate if you could provide us with the URL address of your store so that we can test order placing by ourselves.

Thank you in advance.

Dear Mariya,

Thank you, I can confirm significant loading time decrease. Now it takes about 9 seconds instead of 15-20 to perform the request to Twigmo server.

However, it's still kind of bottleneck.

My client's store is mode.co.nz, but I am not sure is there a need to test it on production server, while there is 9-second request mentioned above.

Thank you for your help.

Dear Ruslan,

Our developers confirmed that the issue most probably occurred because of sending a push-notification to the apple push server (it takes about 8+ seconds) and some time is required for the connection to intermediate servers. This behavior should be optimized in the future versions of Twigmo.

As a workaround we suggest you disabling push notifications by removing/commenting out the following line in the addons/twigmo/init.php file:

'place_order'

Thank you.

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment